The laying of the Foundation Stone, 19 June 1921
The Priest making the speech is Fr. Arthur J O’Keefe.
Fr O’Keefe was P.P. of Bulimba Parish. Cannon Hill was still a part of Bulimba Parish
The foundation stone and Opening day
7th August 1921 - The Children of Mary lead the procession, which met the official party
Archbishop Mannix giving his “great oration”.
Altar at the wedding of Kenneth Swanson and Fabian Gleeson
June 1963, The wedding of Maureen Hoge and Don Munro
Blessed Oliver Plunkett Church


The painting of St Oliver Plunkett which hangs near the front entrance of the church is an original in oil.

  • Reg Kennedy commissioned and paid $800 to James Lyle to do the work.

  • Reg donated it in memory of his mother Margaret Mary (Min) Kennedy nee O’Hagan, 1894 – 1988.

  • Jim Lyle was a mountaineer, who had climbed mountains all over the world including the Matterhorn in the Swiss Alps.

  • During one of his excursions he had an accident and was confined to a wheelchair as a result.

  • He was not a Catholic and painted St. Oliver from “holy” pictures and other information given to him by Reg.